Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Book worms

Back in 2007 when I had my first child I made a promise to myself that no matter how tired my husband and I were we were going to dedicate time for reading/quiet time with the baby. And we did. Now we have 3 kiddos and this routine is still at full force.

No matter how tired us parents might be at the end of the day, it is so important to teach our kids a sense of routine and discipline. My kids love their books and enjoy quiet time, even though at times it may be difficult to get them to sit still for the said 10-15 minutes. It's a chance for them to explore different shapes, colors and textures. And who doesn't love a new story. They also learn the discipline of sitting quiet for a certain amount of time. And lets not forget.... Kids need routine!  







No comments:

Post a Comment